Why Work With Me?
A former high school English teacher turned blogger, I know the power of the pen well. I have spent the past 10+ years teaching and tutoring students in the art of reading, writing, speaking and critical thinking. I am a skilled and experienced editor of fiction and nonfiction manuscripts. I have a bachelor’s degree in English arts from Hampton University and a master’s degree in English education from New York University.
Much of my coaching sessions will be spent listening–listening to your passions, ideas, and stumbling blocks. Sometimes as a creative (and if you want to write a book, you are officially a creative!), you need to grab the listening ear of a field expert and flesh out your ideas for clarity, focus, and structure. Then, you’re ready for execution.
Coaching services may be right for you if…
- You know you want to write a book but have no idea where to start
- You want assistance brainstorming ideas
- You need help putting structure to the ideas you have
- You need a refresher on the basics of writing: brainstorming, outlining, p.o.v., character and plot development, etc.
- You want feedback and direction on your ideas for a book
If you’re ready to collaborate, click here to schedule a free 30 minute consultation.
Ghostwriting is when a person writes a literary text for someone else who is named the author. As your ghostwriter, I am not credited at all for the work I write. You are named as the author.
Ghostwriting may be a good fit for you if you know what you want to say but have trouble putting it into words. You may want to write a memoir detailing the significant events of your life. Maybe you’re an entrepreneur developing your website or social media presence. You may be in a technical field looking to write an article or manual. If you don’t have the time or skills to do the writing, consider taking advantage of one or more of the ghostwriting services I offer:
- Social media posts (Facebook & Instagram)
Lets get started! Click here to schedule a free 30 minute consultation.
I provide two types of editing services for fiction and nonfiction pieces:
- Developmental editing: focuses on bigger picture: coherence, flow, clarity of ideas, appropriate tone, and consistency; provides in-depth notes, suggestions; may involve adding or deleting sections, reworking chapters, and expounding on ideas.
- Line editing: focuses on grammar (spelling capitalization punctuation), word choice (spotting clichés and run-on sentences), writing quality, and formatting (according to style guide).
Want to see if my services are right for you? Click here to upload the first 2 pages of your manuscript and receive free sample edits and a quote for services! Payment plans for editing services are available.
$50 per hour
Varies according to the project
- Developmental editing: $50 per hour
- Line editing: $40 per hour
- Both services: $75 per hour
Payment plans for editing services are available.
Tutoring services in English Language Arts are also available. Prices starting from $35 per hour.